Saturday 23 April 2011

Tallahassee versus Vegas Memories

Joe's been dead,
For 2 months now.
A lot of what's in my head
Has been calmed now.

Things have been improving;
Cherish tells me I'm upbeat;
I finally voted, despite moving.
I'm no longer on a shy retreat.

My social life seems good;
I'm not always in my neighborhood.
I had another friend tell me
That he's checking in to his gender.

I keep thinking of what
Joe missed, in the last while.
If he could see me now,
What would he say?

Things feel horrible less;
Maybe it's just a good patch.
I think I'm prepped for the test;
Maybe some will reattach.

My social life widened some,
I met someone else who's fun.
He'll teach me some stitches;
I have a nice lack of bitches.

I wonder how long it'll be,
Before I stop counting
How long it's been
Since Joe stopped being.